I’m not sure I can call this just a yarnbox anymore.
The last two months, the folks at this great company have been adding in some fun extras.
This month has the most yet.
Read on to see what I mean.
Designer Trading Cards
This month not only did we get two fabulous free patterns from the featured designers, but we also got extras from Soak, Potluck yarns, and Artisan Yarns. Here’s a breakdown:
- Featured designer Taylor Tengelson gave us the Feet Retreat sock pattern (it’s crochet) as a freebie and 25% off all her other patterns in her Ravelry shop. ($4+ value)
- Featured designer Jessica Larson gave us the Emita cowl as a freebie and 25% off all her other patterns in her Ravelry shop. ($4+ value)
- Artisan Yarns gave us a 15% off coupon code for use in their online store. (various value)
- Potluck Yarn gave us a coupon code for a single free pattern from their store. ($5 value)
- Potluck also included a bookmark that introduces us to The Broken Circle, Book One of The Potluck Trilogy. So not only does Potluck make yarn and patterns, but they also write books. Very cool.
- Soak gave us a free travel size bit of their fabulous wash. If you’ve never used Soak, I highly recommend it. I use it for all of my hand washables and for blocking my projects. It is very gentle and doesn’t need to be washed out. I’m excited to try the scentless since I have a huge bottle of the scented version (lasts forever).
So as you can see, we’ve received more than ever this month and I haven’t even gotten to the yarn.
The yarn this month is a colorful hand-painted, self-striping, 100% superwash merino sock yarn (what a mouthful!) from Cherry Tree Hill Yarn. ($24 a hank value)
It’s called Fingerpaints and the colorway I received is Cider House. It has just about every color in the rainbow and the pictures don’t do it justice.
Each hank contains 420 yards so I can’t wait to try to crochet some socks with this and see how well it stripes with single crochet. Of course I will share my results with everyone so you won’t be left in suspense.
Do you get a Yarnbox this month? What was inside? Let us know below. And check out the video reveal below if you want to see more of the yarn.